· By Liam Battye
Blood Orange Martini - Turn our 0 Alcohol, on it's head!
- 1 cocktail shaker or mason jar full of ice
- 2 ounces grapefruit or plain or citrus vodka
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed blood orange juice
- 4 ounces seltzer or lemon lime soda
- blood orange wedges for garnish
Slice and juice blood orange unless using already prepared juice.
Put a cup of ice cubes in a cocktail shaker or mason jar.
Add blood orange juice and vodka.
Shake until the container is ice cold and your hand is freezing.
Switch hands and shake for another minute.
Pour into a rocks glass or a martini glass.
Garnish with a blood orange wheel.
Blood oranges are usually available in the produce section of your grocery store in the U.S. between January and March.
Be sure to use a cutting board when you're slicing and juicing the blood orange. I haven't had blood orange juice stain a counter top yet but there's a first time for everything.